Monday, July 9, 2012

Journal #1: 100 Things that Make Me Happy!

1.  A kiss from my husband.
2.  A text or call from one of my kids.
3.  A new pair of shoes!
4.  An affirmative answer to prayer.
5.  A hug from a friend.
6.  Students who've done their homework.
7   Being in Florence, Italy.
8.  Traveling, especially with my husband!
9.  Having 100% of my AP History students pass in 2012!
10.  Buying school supplies at Staples in August.
11.  Christmas decorations and Christmas music.
12.  The whole Christmas season!
13.  Reading the Bible and spending time with God.
14.  Freshly-laundered linens.
15.  Breakfast in bed.
16.  Sleeping in.
17.  My favorite color -- red!
18.  Presents!
19.  Reading.
20.  Going to the Library.
21.  Weddings and wedding dresses.
22.  The smell of lavendar.
23.  Sewing for myself.
24.  Seeing the "lightbulb" come on for a student.
25.  A good hair day.
26.  Chocolate!
27.  The Sound of Music.
28.  Listening to music -- Mozart to modern.
29.  Straight teeth (thanks to braces as an adult).
30.  History -- American, European, World...whatever!
31.  Martha Grimes' Richard Jury novels.
32.  Decorating (or re-decorating) my house.
33.  A Starbucks white chocolate mocha.
34.  Going out to dinner.
35.  The way (clean) babies smell.
36.  Getting a massage.
37.  Shopping at Nordstroms.
38.  Receiving a bouquet of flowers.
39.  Spending time with my family.
40.  Jane Austen books.
41.  Getting my hair done.
42.  Eating my husband's homemade pizza.
43.  Red lipstick.
44.  Wearing pearls.
45.  Toile and damask patterned fabrics.
46.  Visiting museums and historically significant sites.
47.  Peace and Quiet!
48.  French perfume.
49.  Walking on the beach with my husband.
50.  The annual beach house weekend trip with my 8 girlfriends -- every year since 1995!
51.  When my closet is clean and organized by item and color.
52.  A grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup on a rainy day.
53.  Telling a story that makes people laugh.
54.  Having students tell me they like History more after they've taken my class than they
       did when the class began.
55.  Finding a new book by Lisa Scottoline, Tess Gerritsen, Elizabeth George, or Anne Perry.
56.  Taking students on study trips to American History sites.
57.  The red and orange colors of leaves in the Fall.
58.  A clean house.
59.  Getting all the homework graded (this happens pretty rarely!).
60.  Sitting by the fire on a cool winter evening.
61.  Researching foreign countries to plan a trip abroad.
62.  Watching the History Channel.
63.  Helping others.
64.  Kittens and puppies.
65.  Watching my dog do his nightly tricks for treats.
66.  Italian olive oil.
67.  Incandescent light bulbs (I hate the fluorescent ones!).
68.  USC Trojan football.
69.  Having a great daughter-in-law.
70.  Sunshine.
71.  Computer technology that works and is applicable to the classroom.
72.  Crossing an item off my To-Do List.
73.  Anything to do with the British Royal family (or English kings & queens).
74.  Visiting my daughter in her first apartment.
75.  Renaissance art.
76.  A "can-do" attitude.
77.  Careful planning.
78.  Staying up late (reading a book).
79.  Learning Italian.
80.  Browsing in antique shops.
81.  Looking through photo albums from when my kids were very small.
82.  Formal dinners with the good china and fancy napkins.
83.  Mediterranean-style architecture.
84.  The Tuscan countryside.
85.  Fast and uninterrupted internet service.
86.  The smell of a new car.
87.  Accomplishing a life goal.
88.  Attending my daughter's college graduation.
89.  Good customer service.
90.  Handmade lace.
91.  The fact that my husband likes to cook (since I don't).
92.  The Tourist (Johnny Depp in Venice!).
93.  Listening to people with accents.
94.  My husband's mustache.
95.  Family vacations.
96.  The feeling of my teeth after the dentist has cleaned them.
97.  Stepping on the scale and liking the number.
98.  Finding just the perfect gift for a loved one.
99.  Craft projects.
100.  Crystal chandeliers.




3 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to say that this is my favorite (of the three) blog posts because it provided me with the most entertainment. I think that you should write some new, exciting blog posts to spice up this blog--such as a play by play of the Tour de France or American Airlines daily flight listings because the only thing more exciting than watching 200 sweaty men cycle around France for 21 days straight is tracking flights to adventurousness places that your not on.

    Seriously, once you've achieved the height of academia (i.e. getting your California State Teaching Credential [really, I'm not being sarcastic]), you should turn this blog into a must-read-over-my-morning-cup-of-joe site. I've given you two great ideas above (now I'm being sarcastic), but I think you can come up with even better ones (I'm going to copyright mine).

    Anyway, that's all I wanted to say. Have fun doing your homework! I look forward to the next exciting blog post!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I thought this blog post was great, I mean, I'm at the top of the list.
      The husband.

      Delete
    2. Wow! With encouragement like that I might just quit my teaching job and become I professional blogger! Seriously, I'm glad you cared enough to read my firs post. I'm sorry that the other two (so far) are pretty boring, but with all the assignments in this class, coming fast and furious because it's a whole semester in just 5 weeks, I haven't yet had time to branch out. When I do, I promise not to steal your amazing (and copyrighted) ideas! Thanks for the comment! :)

      Delete